Arty-Folks will be starting the new Recovery and Wellbeing Academy module MAKING HEADWAY on Monday 6th November 2017, 1pm-3pm
This four-week course is for young adults and will look at using creative techniques to help reduce mental distress. Art can help us express how we feel and understand the world around us, and to express ourselves more clearly using our visual language. It is not an art therapy course, rather a way for people to use creativity in a positive way to support recovery.
• Identify some of the issues creativity can help with
• Better understand how creativity can help reduce mental distress
• Consider different creative ways to help distract / stimulate / soothe / calm / challenge
• Create your own sculpture that will help you remain positive along your journey
• Think about how you can use the tools and techniques from this course to support
you in the future.
• Have a better understanding of whether Arty-Folks’ Art as Therapy is for you
This course starts on Monday 6th November 2017 1pm-3pm and runs once a week over four weeks (6-27 November 2017)