The Recovery and Wellbeing Academy brings together all the great organisations and courses available in the region to improve people’s mental health and wellbeing, and Arty-Folks is one of the partners delivering a couple of modules.
Our first module – CREATIVE MINDFULNESS – will start 9th October 2017
In this four-week course we will be investigating how creative practice can contribute to our sense of wellbeing. It will be an opportunity to try out a variety of creative techniques including mindfulness, collage, layering, and drawing. You don’t need any previous experience of creative techniques and all materials and equipment are provided free. By the end of this course, you will:
• Have completed your own mandala for you to keep.
• Have a better understanding of mindfulness and the meditational art of Tibet
• Understand the benefits of engaging with creativity for wellbeing
• Feel more confident engaging in creative activities with your peers
• Have a better understanding of whether Arty-Folks’ Art as Therapy is for you
This course starts on Monday 9th October 2017 1pm-3pm and runs once a week over four weeks (9-30 October 2017)