Arty-Folks is now looking to appoint new Trustees to the Board who will assist us in delivering our strategic plan, and ensure that we continue to be a distinctive and successful charity. The mission of Arty-Folks is to be a leader in driving social change by tackling the root causes to mental ill health through the transformational power of the visual arts and peer support.
We are looking for highly skilled individuals who think outside the box and will enjoy working with us towards Coventry City of Culture 2021. We are keen to hear from candidates who can offer particular expertise in one or more of the following areas: finance, IT, HR, mental health and well-being, corporate sponsorship, and fundraising.
We are also specifically looking for a new Chair of the Board and a Treasurer. Candidates will support the Arty-Folks values and have an understanding of governance, and the skills, intellect and outlook to contribute effectively as members of a high caliber board.
– attend four x 2hr meetings per year including the Annual General Meeting
– occasionally meet with staff or volunteers depending on your skill set and availability
– commit to serving a minimum of three years with the Board
As a Trustee we expect you to:
– be passionate about improving the mental well-being of working age adults
– have an understanding of the challenges small charities like Arty-Folks face
– demonstrate integrity in all your dealings and have good, independent judgement
– be innovative and think outside the box
– have an honest and open approach and take decisions for the good of Arty Folks
– have in-depth understanding and acceptance of the legal duties of Trustees.
– have a good sense of humour
Please note that Trustees are volunteers and receive no payment except for agreed out-of-pocket expenses.
To apply, please email your CV with a brief covering letter describing your specific skills to the Chair of Arty-Folks using email: email@example.com.